by Pablo Neruda
Today, this day was a brimming cup,
today, this day was the immense wave,
today, it was all the earth.
Today the stormy sea
lifted us in a kiss
so high that we trembled
in a lightning flash
and, tied, we went down
to sink without untwining.
Today our bodies became vast,
they grew to the edge of the world
and rolled melting
into a single drop
of wax or meteor.
Gibbous, adj. /gib’əs/ - Swelling; protuberant; convex, as the moon is when more than half and less than full, the enlightened part being then convex on both margins. Hunched; humpbacked; crookbacked.
Source: Webster’s Unabridged New Twentieth Century Dictionary, 1956
i refuse to be shamed for having a body. i refuse to get embarrassed when a tampon falls out of my purse or spend a whole day anxious about if someones going to notice that i forgot to shave a patch of leg hair. i wasnt put on this earth to spend my time apologizing for my existence and i refuse to let anyone make me feel like i have to waste my energy on all that petty shit
Anonymous asked: Some quotes that make your heart ache a little bit every time?
- These words are red because you have touched me holy. - Gregory Sherl
- Beautiful, sobbing, high-geared fucking and then to lie silently like deer tracks in the freshly-fallen snow beside the one you love. That’s all. - Richard Brautigan
- Love, for you, is larger than the usual romantic love. It’s like a religion. it’s terrifying. No one will ever want to sleep with you. - Richard Siken
- Give me the kind of love that turns my past into an etch-a-sketch and shakes the broken out of me. - Shane Koyczan
- Some things, once you’ve loved them, become yours forever. And if you try to let them go, they only circle back and return to you. They become a part of who you are, or they destroy you. - Kill Your Darlings
- I taste the good and the bad in you and want them both. We call this bravery. - Anita Ofkanski
- I can even say it though only once and it won’t last: I want this. I want this. - Margaret Atwood
- You have my permission not to love me. I am a cathedral of deadbolts, and I would rather burn myself down than change any of the locks. - Rachel McKibbens
ya know when you’re crushing on someone so you notice every small damn thing about them and all those little things light you up like a bug like when they wake up and smell sleepy and warm and it bowls you over or when they stretch and their t-shirt lifts up and that strip of skin damn well sets you alight or when they’re all pink and flushed and you just wanna touch their cheek with your cheek and it’s the most innocent way of falling into a person